Last updated on June 7th, 2018 at 02:34 pm
One of the Traxxas’ best-selling Traxxas RTR Rustler XL-5 electric RC model is the Traxxas RTR 1/10 Rustler with XL-5 Waterproof Electronic Speed Control Equipped Car. The Traxxas Rustler XL-5 is one tough all terrain RC car that offers unmatched power, better grip and handling, smoother control, and top notch performance. The Rustler RC Car uses Traxxas’ exclusive Titan 12-turn modified 550 motor and Revo-Spec Torque-Control slipper clutch. The XL-5 Electronic Speed Control (ESC) offers better throttle management for a more efficient power distribution resulting to higher speed and it provides speed up to 35 mph.
The Traxxas RTR Rustler with Waterproof XL-5 features a striking six–color ProGraphix body design and complete decal set. At first glance, the Rustler looks just like your typical all-terrain vehicles but what set it apart from other similar models in the market are the components inside its body. The Titan 12-Turn modified 550 motor allows drivers to push its speed to new limits and not all Ready-To-Race RC cars contain the same engineering race grade technology as the Rustler.
Traxxas RTR Rustler Features:
- The Rustler’s Titan 12-T modified 550 motor enables this all-terrain vehicle to easily reach the speed of up to thirty-five miles per hour. The Torque-Control slipper clutch system provides the Rustler enough throttle control for aggressive driving and power sliding stunts.
- The Titan 12-T Mod 550 motor has been designed for amazing modified motor power output. The motor system is also virtually zero maintenance with long lasting performance.
- The Rustler XL5 can drive into any types of environment especially wet running conditions with its exclusive waterproof XL-5 electronic speed control. The car’s mini receiver is also watertight and fully sealed against harsh elements providing users the ability to drive wherever they want.
- Revo-Spec Torque-Control with threaded GTR oil based shocks and torque control slipper clutch system to tailor the power delivery base on the type of the terrain and driving style of the user.
- The Traxxas RTR also has an integrated cooling fan that sucks out air all the way through the motor to keep it cool. The flow of air is basically routed via different cooling channels that are formed right into the motor plate. If the motor remains cool, it can deliver stronger thrusts resulting to longer run time and faster speeds.
- The chassis is made up of high-end monocoque fiber composite with ProGraphixfull trimmed and painted body.
- Pre-glued 2.8 mirror-chrome All-Star wheels complete with performance-engineered tires.
- Electronic control EZ-Set one-button setup
- Training Mode for new drivers
Traxxas Rustler xl-5 is fast enough to have a blast but if you want to get more speed, change gearing then just upgrade to a brushless motor with a 3S lipo. It is quite reasonable but upgrades always create lots of fun.
The RC Traxxas Rustler come fully assembled and you can switch on and drive with the TQ radio system that has already been installed and adjusted. This is one of the major benefits of buying Traxxas line RC vehicles. Once the package arrives, take out the RC car and you are ready to race.
All in all, the Traxxas Rustler 1/10 Scale Model has all the cool features that you will be looking for into a high performance all terrain vehicle. With its waterproof technology, all the electronics are watertight sealed enabling you to bring your Rustler XL-5 anywhere you want regardless of the driving condition. This is also one of the most affordable ready to race trucks offered by Traxxas without discounting its overall quality and performance.